Thursday, June 9, 2011

The Sun: Who ate all the nuts?

Who ate all the nuts?


Fur ball ... fat squirrel in nature reserve
Fur ball ... fat squirrel in nature reserve
Marina van der Linden/ Solent
 
 

CHECK out Squirrel Munchkin — the rodent that ballooned to twice its size after gorging on too many nuts.

The chubby critter piled on the pounds thanks to overfeeding from tourists.
The animal was snapped by Marina van der Linden, 46, during a trip to the Morro Rock State Preserve in western California.
She said: "Suddenly I saw a family of squirrels. It was hilarious because they were all quite big, but there was one that was enormous.
"I concentrated on it since it was the fattest of them all but it kept hiding between the rocks.
Quantcast

"When it finally sat still out in the open for a brief period, I discovered that I was too close and I could not fit the entire squirrel in the camera's viewfinder.
"It was so big that I had to walk backwards in order to get the whole of her in frame.
Marina added: "The next day I went to photograph her again but not a single squirrel was to be seen.
"Then I saw one with the same pattern on her head but she ran off before she could be photographed.
"I think she was self-conscious about her weight."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More